Introducing Mike Moses, NABVETS Commander Chapter #0096 of Southern Maryland and his commitment to the veteran community and recent accomplishments representing the National Association for Black Veterans, Inc. (NABVETS) and his Chapter.
Throughout the Month of June 2017, he has received several Community Awards pertaining to his veteran activities and support as a NABVETS Chapter Commander. The Plaque(s) state, “You are presented these awards “in grateful appreciation and support on behalf of the veteran community for strengthening the ties between the veterans and public,”” we present to you this community gratitude from the list of public sponsors:
· Chairman Gilbert Bowing, Democratic Central Committee of Charles County.
· Senator Thomas V. Mike Miller, Jr., President of the Senate
· Senator Mack. Middleton, State of Maryland
· Congressman Steny H. Hoyer, Democratic Whip, House of Representatives
· Maryland Delegate Sally Jameson
· DAV State Commander, John Patterson, Department of Maryland
In addition, during his tenure with the Maryland Veterans Museum at Patriots Park, he created a short film advertisement about the Museum, which was entered in the College of Southern Maryland’s Film Festival Competition where he placed in the Amateur First Place Category. The film screening will play during the month of July at local Black Box Theaters in Indian Head, Maryland for a special Mini-fest.
Furthermore, as a NABVETS Chapter Commander, Mike was appointed by Maryland Governor Larry Hogan as World War I Commissioner until 2018. Under this umbrella he is in the process of creating, filming, and producing four (4) documentaries:
· Negro Participation During WWI and the Great Migration.
· Negro Baseball Team Southern Maryland.
· Triple Nickels Paratroopers/Jumpers (555), Sept. 2017 Dedication.
· War 1812 Negro Freedom and the Defeat of Napoleon.
Moreover, every Monday from 9AM to 12 Noon he meets with and interviews 20+ veterans at the Andrews Air Force Vet Center to educate, support and assist veterans pertaining to claims (DBQ, Nexus Letter & E-Benefits Fact Sheets) coupled with explaining the various types of support resources that are available for ALL veterans. Commander Mike Moses efforts in support of veterans expands 60+ volunteer hour’s monthly.
In conclusion, he is dedicated to the veteran population throughout and beyond Maryland’s boundaries. As Commander of NABVETS Chapter #0096, Mike Moses is a strong advocate for NABVETS and looks to excel in his efforts to support ALL the thousands of veterans throughout the three counties under the umbrella of his Chapter. With all that Mike does, he is ensuring that NABVETS is and always will be a powerful force present and future.